FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR PATIENTS, WE CONTINUE TO ADHERE TO OUR COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY Click Here for More Info
Feet are the body’s foundation, so keeping them healthy is critical to your overall health. Having healthy feet can relieve problems with other parts of your body, including your knees, hips and the spine. Custom orthotics provide cushioning and support to the foot and have been found to be a scientifically proven method of overcoming pain and discomfort.
A custom orthotic is a prescribed medical device from a Podiatrist and is moulded to each individuals feet. A 3D Foot Scanner is used to take a high resolution blueprint of your entire foot, which helps to prepare the correct prescription. Foot orthotics are often recommended when the foot’s muscles, ligaments, tendons, or bones are not well aligned and are causing foot pain, discomfort, and fatigue.
There are many benefits to custom orthotics, find out the ways custom-made casted orthotics can improve your overall health:
1) Support your feet– one of the main benefits of custom orthotics is that they are perfectly designed to support your feet. Unlike generic insoles, if you suffer from pain caused by misalignments in your foot’s ligaments or bones, custom orthotics are tailored to help correct these misalignments and provide overall support to the feet.
2) Reducing pain– Conditions such as flat feet, arthritis and plantar fasciitis often strain the foot causing pain. Custom orthotics can alleviate pain by lessening the strain on foot’s joints and muscles. Without the strain on the foot’s joints, healthy healing can occur. Further, custom orthotics can also prevent foot ulcers occurring in people with diabetes, which can lead to serious problems in the future if left untreated.
3) Preventing injury– Custom orthotics can help prevent future injuries and fractures in your feet and ankles. Custom orthotics are a lot more beneficial in providing protection to your feet compared to generic insoles which are not as good shock absorbers.
4) Improving your athletic performance– Custom orthotics can also be designed specifically for athletic activity. This can help reduce the load on your feet’s joints and muscles and can also help distribute your weight evenly across your foot improving balance. This can help protect your feet and ankle joints when your feet are under pressure from absorbing the impact of your physical activities. If you are a keen runner or a cyclist you can bring in your running or cycling shoes and the custom orthotics can be designed to benefit your needs.
5) Improving your overall health– By reducing the stress and pressure on your feet, pain in other areas of your lower body and back can be improved, leading to increased well-being and overall health.
If you are suffering from foot, ankle, knee or back pain a custom insole may be the right solution for you. Book an appointment for a Biomechanical Assessment and Gait Analysis with one of our fully trained MSK Podiatrists today here.
Sign up for our news and offers:
10 Station Road
020 3327 0194
Booking Line Open:
Monday to Saturday - 8am to 8pm
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
Tuesdays, Sundays, Bank holidays and Easter weekend
Times may vary during school holiday's.